Milledgeville, GA Ms. Rita Margo Bennett, age 68, of Milledgeville, Georgia passed away Saturday, January 2, 2021. Rita was born on Wednesday, September 24, 1952 in Macon, Georgia to the late Walter Joseph Bennett and the late Geneva Smith Bennett. She graduated from Jackson High School in 1970 and earned a bachelor's degree in Biology from Tift College in 1974. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Watkinsville and loved to play classical music on the piano. Rita also loved quilting, sewing, crafts, and her cats and dogs. Rita is survived by her brothers, Steven "Lump" Bennett of Jackson, Georgia and Lee Bennett of Baxley, Georgia; nephew, Eron Bennett of McDonough, Georgia; and her best friend, Helen Taylor of Jackson, Georgia. A graveside service for Ms. Rita Bennett will be held at 3:00 P.M. on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Sandy Creek Cemetery in Flovilla, Georgia with Dr. S. Ed Hord officiating. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Butts Mutts of Jackson, Georgia at www.buttsmutts.com. Those who wish may sign the online guest registry at www.sherrell-westburyfuneralhome.com. Sherrell-Westbury Funeral Home, 212 E. College Street, Jackson, GA, is serving the Bennett family.
- Butts County gets new chairman, manager, and attorney at first commission meeting in 2021
- Despite Trump administration promise, government has no more 'reserve' 2nd vaccine doses
- Pence calls Harris while Trump continues to stew in denial
- Pelosi expected to send article of impeachment to Senate next week
- IRS: Tax filing season will start February 12
- Multiple arrests made in 'Operation Crystal Web following five-month drug investigation that began in Butts County
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- Friend of Georgia woman killed in Capitol riot recounts her final moments
- Butts County Magistrate Court
- GBI makes several arrests and seizures in drug investigation
- 'Operation Crystal Web' busts meth distribution network in middle Georgia
- Law enforcement officials credit success of 'Operation Crystal Web' to agencies working together
- New House rules to eliminate gender-specific terms such as 'father, mother, son, daughter'
- Butts County Magistrate Court offices closed for week due to exposure to COVID-19
- Hearings on proposed rock quarry postponed until February
- 2-year degrees that go on to the most meaningful jobs
- 2-year degrees that go on to earn the least money
- Community colleges whose graduates earn the most money
- Quiz: Can you guess the writers behind these 50 famous quotes?
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Braves announce 2021 promotional giveaways
- Podcasts to Listen To: Life Kit and the best life hack podcasts
- PHOTOS: Alabama defeats Ohio State for national championship
- 50 famous firsts from presidential history
- Presidency in review: Which campaign promises did Trump uphold?
- Top 100 songs of 2020