Jacksonville, FL Mr. Durwood Bradley "Ray" Raynor, age 87, of Jacksonville, Florida passed away Thursday, December 24, 2020. Ray was born on Monday, September 4, 1933 in Chinquapin, North Carolina to the late Bland Raynor and the late Dolia Sholar Raynor. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Marilyn Barber Raynor. Ray served in the United States Air Force and the United States Army Reserve. He started his own used car dealership and enjoyed fishing in his downtime. Ray is survived by his children, Jeff & Karen Raynor, Beverly Raynor; grandchildren and their spouse, Matthew Beck & Sumedha Gupta, Joshua & Rachel Raynor, Jacob Raynor, Sarah Raynor; sisters, Pearl West and Barbara Shook; and several nieces & nephews. A funeral service for Mr. Ray Raynor will be held at First Baptist Church of Jackson on Friday, January 8, 2021 at 11:00 A.M. with Reverend Keith Joseph officiating. Friends may visit with the family one hour prior to the service. Entombment will follow at Jackson City Cemetery Mausoleum. In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation in Ray's memory to the National Kidney Foundation (kidney.org/donation). Those who wish may sign the online guest registry at www.sherrell-westburyfuneralhome.com. Sherrell-Westbury Funeral Home, 212 E. College Street, Jackson, GA, is serving the Raynor family.
- Here's what's in Biden's $1.9 trillion economic rescue package
- Georgia Republicans reassign GOP lawmakers who supported Trump's election fraud claims
- Gov. Brian Kemp Kemp highlights pandemic response, rural Georgia in State of the State message
- HAL BRADY: A true neighbor
- US debt surged by $7 trillion under Trump. It will go much higher under Biden
- Multiple arrests made in 'Operation Crystal Web following five-month drug investigation that began in Butts County
- Friend of Georgia woman killed in Capitol riot recounts her final moments
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- Butts County Magistrate Court
- GBI makes several arrests and seizures in drug investigation
- 'Operation Crystal Web' busts meth distribution network in middle Georgia
- Law enforcement officials credit success of 'Operation Crystal Web' to agencies working together
- New House rules to eliminate gender-specific terms such as 'father, mother, son, daughter'
- Butts County Magistrate Court offices closed for week due to exposure to COVID-19
- Hearings on proposed rock quarry postponed until February
- 2-year degrees that go on to the most meaningful jobs
- 2-year degrees that go on to earn the least money
- Community colleges whose graduates earn the most money
- Podcasts to Listen To: Life Kit and the best life hack podcasts
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Braves announce 2021 promotional giveaways
- Quiz: Can you guess the writers behind these 50 famous quotes?
- 50 famous firsts from presidential history
- PHOTOS: Alabama defeats Ohio State for national championship
- Top 100 songs of 2020
- Presidency in review: Which campaign promises did Trump uphold?