Jackson, GA Mrs. Carol Faye Harper, age 88, of Jackson, Georgia passed away Sunday, January 10, 2021. Faye was born on Saturday, February 27, 1932 in Jackson, Georgia to the late Issac Travis Crane and the late Lillie Myron Norris Crane. She was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church and enjoyed cooking, baking, quilting, needle work, and watching wrestling. Most of all she loved her very special companion, her cat, Buddy. Faye is survived by her grandson, Joel and Diani Harper; granddaughter, Elizabeth Harper; 5 great-grandchildren; sister, Nita Ledford; sister-in-law, Faye Crane; nieces and nephews, April Freeman, Len Ledford, Jody Ledford, Tracy Ledford, Matt Ledford, and Wendy Worley. Along with her parents, Faye was preceded in death by her husband, Carroll Jones Harper, Sr.; sons, Sonny Harper, Travis Harper, and Jeff Harper; brother, Richard Toby Crane; and nephew, Scott Crane. A memorial service for Mrs. Faye Crane will be held at 2:00 P.M. on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at Sherrell Memorial Chapel with Mr. Rudy Mangham officiating. Friends may visit with family one hour prior to service. A live stream of the service will also be available on the Sherrell-Westbury Facebook page. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to Butts Mutts of Jackson, Georgia at www.buttsmutts.com. Those who wish may sign the online guest registry at www.sherrell-westburyfuneralhome.com. Sherrell-Westbury Funeral Home, 212 E. College Street, Jackson, GA, is serving the Crane family.
- Butts County gets new chairman, manager, and attorney at first commission meeting in 2021
- Despite Trump administration promise, government has no more 'reserve' 2nd vaccine doses
- Pence calls Harris while Trump continues to stew in denial
- Pelosi expected to send article of impeachment to Senate next week
- IRS: Tax filing season will start February 12
- Multiple arrests made in 'Operation Crystal Web following five-month drug investigation that began in Butts County
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- Friend of Georgia woman killed in Capitol riot recounts her final moments
- Butts County Magistrate Court
- GBI makes several arrests and seizures in drug investigation
- 'Operation Crystal Web' busts meth distribution network in middle Georgia
- Law enforcement officials credit success of 'Operation Crystal Web' to agencies working together
- New House rules to eliminate gender-specific terms such as 'father, mother, son, daughter'
- Butts County Magistrate Court offices closed for week due to exposure to COVID-19
- Hearings on proposed rock quarry postponed until February
- 2-year degrees that go on to the most meaningful jobs
- 2-year degrees that go on to earn the least money
- Community colleges whose graduates earn the most money
- Quiz: Can you guess the writers behind these 50 famous quotes?
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Braves announce 2021 promotional giveaways
- Podcasts to Listen To: Life Kit and the best life hack podcasts
- PHOTOS: Alabama defeats Ohio State for national championship
- 50 famous firsts from presidential history
- Presidency in review: Which campaign promises did Trump uphold?
- Top 100 songs of 2020