Zachary Paul Burden was sworn in to the Georgia Bar by Judge William Fears on June 1. Burden is the son of Michelle & Jason Reasor. He is a 2007 graduate of Jackson High School, and 2014 graduate of Georgia State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Burden received his Juris Doctor from John Marshall School of Law in 2019. Burden has served as an intern to State Senator Burt Jones and currently serves as the General Counsel for Jones Petroleum Company. Burden also serves as a board member to the Butts County IDA and Partners for Smart Growth. He and his wife Amy (Cook) Burden live in Jackson with their twins Parker Kate and Hudson. They are members of Rock Springs Church.
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- Georgia burn notification law changing; won't affect burning ban in place until Sept. 30
- Claudette is likely to form and make landfall in the US this week, delivering close to a foot of rainfall
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- HSAAT reaches $100,000 goal with $10,000 donation from Jones Petroleum
- Drive your car around Atlanta Motor Speedway and help local kids at "Laps For Dad"
- Ralph Wilson honored with state resolutions
- EASY RECIPE: All Season Peach Cobbler
- Courtney Drake earns Clerk Certification for Butts County Probate Court
- Tropical Storm Claudette drenches Gulf Coast
- Second annual Juneteenth march and celebration is Saturday, June 19 in Jackson
- Pawsitively adorable: Check out these dogs available at Butts Mutts
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week - June 15
- A history of US submarines from the Revolution to today
- Iconic movie props and where they are now
- Jackson High School Class of 2021
- Fastest-warming states since 1970
- Copycat recipes from the most popular fast food restaurants in America
- You're the one that I want! The Grease soundtrack ranked
- IT'S A MATCH! 10 celebrities who found love online
- Iconic fly fishing destinations in every state
- Georgia may be next in line for insurance billing paybacks
- Unemployed Georgians face cutoff of federal benefits
- TOM PURCELL: My dad taught me how
- National security adviser: US preparing more Russia sanctions over Navalny poisoning and imprisonment
- Missing US student Catherine Serou found dead in Russia
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.