McClatchy, a family-owned newspaper chain, will soon be in the hands of a hedge fund, Chatham Asset Management. Margaret Sullivan says Chatham is the better of "two lousy options" because the other bidder has an uglier history of layoffs and cutbacks.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- One dead, three injured in single vehicle accident on Halls Bridge Road
- Halls Bridge Road accident fatality victim identified
- 192 dogs rescued from home in Butts County
- Flovilla woman dies Sunday after her car breaks down on I-75 and she is struck by truck
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- Jackson's Zoe Watts making her presence felt at LaGrange College
- Butts County Magistrate Court
- Carolyn and Audrey Harkness of Jackson share love for LaGrange College and soccer
- Ted Robert Staples
- Butts County mourning loss of Firefighter/Paramedic Scott "Monster" Thomas
- Butts County preparing for students starting school at home on Aug. 17
- Home brewing mistakes to avoid
- Georgia student who posted photo of a crowded school hallway and called it 'good and necessary trouble' is no longer suspended, her mom says
- A 7-year-old boy in Georgia died of Covid-19, the youngest victim in the state
- Debate commission pushes back on Trump campaign's request for an earlier debate
This is not a scientific poll – results reflect only the opinions of those voting.