Jackson First Baptist Church will hold Church in the Park on Sunday, Oct. 31, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the football field and pavilion at Daughtry Park in Jackson. There will be a worship service, a Pre-K through age 5 service, lunch, fun and games. Everyone is welcome to join them.
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- Mayor-elect Carlos Duffey speaks during prayer vigil of bringing hope and pride back to Jackson
- Congress wants to kill the 'backdoor Roth IRA.' Here's what it means for you
- Emma Lura McLaurin Blankenship
- Historic markers, monuments in Jackson City Cemetery being cleaned and restored
- Christy Pruitt Kimbell Cricket Hasty
- Butts County Magistrate Court
- Holiday spirit continues this weekend with parade, "Christmas in the City," and tour of homes
- M'Kenzie Adams places in Top 12 in Princess division at National American Miss pageant
- Robert Henderson Jr. found guilty of voluntary manslaughter in shooting death of Nicholas Bryan
- ON THE MARKET: Butts County home built in 1915 sits on 7 acres of fenced land
- Counties with highest COVID-19 infection rates in Georgia
- Scenes from Christmas at the Ranch
- How COVID-19 affects the brain
- These dogs are available now for adoption at Butts County Animal Control
- The colors of fall can still be found at Dauset Trails Nature Center
- What to know about buying foreclosed homes
- 10 stories of hyperinflation in history
- 10 signs of a healthy real estate market
- Metros sending the most people to Atlanta
- 5 things to know for December 6: School shooting, pandemic, Congress, China, Russia
- Volcano rescue workers dig through thick layers of hot ash in Indonesia after Mount Semeru erupts
- Hawaii faces 'catastrophic flooding' from storms until Tuesday, National Weather Service warns
- South Africans brace for the worst amid Omicron surge
- Michigan school shooting suspect and his parents were isolated in the same facility and under suicide watch, sheriff said
POLL: Are you concerned about the omicron variant of the coronavirus, recently detected in South Africa?
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.