The Jackson High School (JHS) Volleyball Spike Club received $1,000 from the Central Georgia EMC Foundation on Sept. 27 for volleyball equipment for the 2021-2022 school year. The contributions provided by participating Central Georgia EMC members will help the JHS Volleyball Spike Club to continue providing support to players and parents and promote good sportsmanship and teamwork. The average Operation Round Up donation is 50 cents per month, but that "change" adds up and makes a difference in our communities.
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- Georgia moving back towards traditional math and teaching students life skills
- 1 sentence that sums up Joe Biden's mounting political problems
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- Jackson resident pleads guilty to distribution of child pornography
- The rate of Covid-19 cases is dropping nationally but rising in these 5 states
- Butts County Magistrate Court
- Location and design of Jenkinsburg roundabout approved by Georgia DOT
- 50,000 gallons of wastewater leaked from truck stop lift station in Butts County
- Renewed TV Shows 2021: Find Out Which Series Will Return for Another Season
- RECIPE: Best Chicken Fried Steak Ever
- PHOTOS: Does anybody know what time it is? The Red Regiment does!
- ON THE MARKET: The view of Jackson Lake from this home is priceless
- PHOTOS: Red Devils pound the Panthers, 49-6
- How data privacy laws vary by state
- Dwayne Johnson wants to be president? The stars interested in politics
- 'Nobody puts Baby in the corner'! From Dirty Dancing to Twilight, these are the top 10 most romantic movie kisses...
- PHOTOS: Red Devils run over Chargers, 24-6
- PHOTOS: Lady Devils win third consecutive Area 2-AAA title
- How to prepare for 15 types of emergencies
- The cost of gasoline the year you started driving
- Black state trooper in Louisiana faces termination after accusing colleagues of murder
- China isn't about to invade Taiwan. But the two sides are on a dangerous path
- California oil spill that shut down beaches was about 25,000 gallons, well below earlier estimate
- Man injured in Kenosha protests shooting sues city, county and law enforcement officers
- Alex Murdaugh waives his extradition hearing in Florida, will return to South Carolina to face charges
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.