Central Georgia EMC’s Board Chairman Arthur White, Jr. and CGEMC Board Director Rod Mangham presented the Butts County Chamber of Commerce, the Development Authority of Butts County, and Butts County Schools with checks totaling $30,000 to go toward education, community, and economic development activities. Central Georgia EMC presented 23 checks in October, totaling $265,650 to area Chambers of Commerce, Industrial Development Authorities, and School Boards throughout the service territory. These funds come from unclaimed capital credits that remain with CGEMC after five years. Capital credits are margins over and above the cost of providing service for Central Georgia EMC customer-owners for a specific year after financial obligations have been met. Unclaimed capital credits that remain after five years stay in the communities served by Central Georgia EMC for the sole purposes of funding education, economic development, and 501(c)(3) charitable organizations in the EMC service area.
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- Georgia burn notification law changing; won't affect burning ban in place until Sept. 30
- One of two suspects in Pepperton shooting death arrested
- Repeat offender caught in Butts County sentenced to 200 months in prison
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- Second annual Juneteenth march and celebration is Saturday, June 19 in Jackson
- Drive your car around Atlanta Motor Speedway and help local kids at "Laps For Dad"
- Too much love can ruin the chances of growing perfect summer tomatoes
- Butts County Magistrate Court
- Santa Barbara, Montecito beloved by celebs for a reason
- Youth minister charged with voyeurism after hidden camera found in Florida church bathroom
- PHOTOS: New Welcome Center in Histortic Courthouse has official ribboncutting
- A history of US submarines from the Revolution to today
- PHOTOS: The Creeks Recreational Trails opening
- PHOTOS: Candlelight vigil held for Keyon Watts
- PHOTOS: Stranger Things Bike Ride
- Iconic fly fishing destinations in every state
- Comparing minimum wage to the cost of living in every state
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week - June 15
- Best comedy TV shows of the ’70s
- 15 noteworthy music festivals coming back in 2021
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.