The Butts County Chamber of Commerce held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Roots Outdoors, located on the square in Jackson, on May 13. Roots Outdoors, which opened earlier this year, is a hunting, fishing, and outdoors store. They carry a full line of archery bows and have a full time archery technician on staff. They also offer fly fishing products as well as coolers, outdoor games and apparel. They are located at 38 Oak Street in Jackson. Left to right on the front row are Chamber Associate Director Bridget Daniel, Shannon McRae, Jeremy McRae and Clay Fitzgerald (cutting ribbon), all from Roots Outdoors, and Chamber Executive Director Lisa Durden. Behind them are Chamber members and ambassadors.
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- Georgia burn notification law changing; won't affect burning ban in place until Sept. 30
- Claudette is likely to form and make landfall in the US this week, delivering close to a foot of rainfall
- Butts County Jail Logbook
- Second annual Juneteenth march and celebration is Saturday, June 19 in Jackson
- Drive your car around Atlanta Motor Speedway and help local kids at "Laps For Dad"
- HSAAT reaches $100,000 goal with $10,000 donation from Jones Petroleum
- Butts County Magistrate Court
- One of two suspects in Pepperton shooting death arrested
- EASY RECIPE: All Season Peach Cobbler
- Ralph Wilson honored with state resolutions
- Pawsitively adorable: Check out these dogs available at Butts Mutts
- A history of US submarines from the Revolution to today
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week - June 15
- Iconic movie props and where they are now
- PHOTOS: New Welcome Center in Histortic Courthouse has official ribboncutting
- Fastest-warming states since 1970
- PHOTOS: Stranger Things Bike Ride
- Most popular places to live for alumni of 25 colleges
- Best comedy TV shows of the ’70s
- Copycat recipes from the most popular fast food restaurants in America
- TOM PURCELL: My dad taught me how
- Missing US student Catherine Serou found dead in Russia
- Tropical storm warnings are in effect for North Carolina as Claudette continues across the Southeast
- Emory University School of Medicine formally apologizes after rejecting an applicant for his race
- MORRIS: God wants us to truly see from a spiritual vantage
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.