The Butts County Chamber of Commerce held a ribbon-cutting ceremony June 5 for the new Welcome Center in the restored Historic Butts County Courthouse, which now houses the chamber, Jackson-Butts County Arts Council, Butts County Historical Society, and Butts County Development Authority offices.
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- TOM PURCELL: My dad taught me how
- Missing US student Catherine Serou found dead in Russia
- Tropical storm warnings are in effect for North Carolina as Claudette continues across the Southeast
- Emory University School of Medicine formally apologizes after rejecting an applicant for his race
- MORRIS: God wants us to truly see from a spiritual vantage