The Jackson High Lady Devils volleyball team continued their dominance of Area 2-AAA by achieving a “three-peat” Oct. 6, clinching their third consecutive region championship. They did by defeating their arch-rival, the Lady Pirates of Pike County, 3-0 in the JHS gym. As they have for the previous two years, the Lady Devils did not lose a region game during the regular season or in the tournament. The last time they lost a region contest was in the championship finals against Pike County in 2018. Since then they have accumulated 30 straight region wins (21 regular season and 9 tournament wins).
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- Black state trooper in Louisiana faces termination after accusing colleagues of murder
- China isn't about to invade Taiwan. But the two sides are on a dangerous path
- California oil spill that shut down beaches was about 25,000 gallons, well below earlier estimate
- Man injured in Kenosha protests shooting sues city, county and law enforcement officers
- Alex Murdaugh waives his extradition hearing in Florida, will return to South Carolina to face charges