The Muddy Princess, which is an outdoor obstacle run, took place May 9 at the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers.
The women of Georgia were tired of being cooped up for more than a year with pandemic restrictions, and this was the opportunity that 1,400 women grabbed to have a fun, outdoor Sunday and maybe get some exercise as well.
Muddy Princess is an outdoor 5k (3.1 miles) obstacle mud run, and as the name suggests, it is for women - and women only! The obstacles were watered to make them muddier and slightly challenging to traverse.
The Muddy Princess runs have been taking place for the last few years and are scheduled at 40 locations around the U.S. The whole idea is to have fun, and there is no competition to be first. It does not matter whether you are a supermodel or super mom, slim or not so slim, strong or weak — all were welcome to participate, and they did.
There were diverse girls as young as 9 years to grandmothers braving the jumps and climbs just to finish. The Muddy Princesses had a blast running, walking, crawling, climbing, sliding, balancing and laughing their way along the course for an amazing “girls' dirty day out!”
- Georgia may be next in line for insurance billing paybacks
- Unemployed Georgians face cutoff of federal benefits
- TOM PURCELL: My dad taught me how
- National security adviser: US preparing more Russia sanctions over Navalny poisoning and imprisonment
- Missing US student Catherine Serou found dead in Russia