With the help of the Butts County Leisure Services, the Easter Bunny made surprise visits to baseball, soccer and softball practices at Daughtry Park last week. On Mar. 30 he showed up at softball practices and on Apr. 1 he made appearances at baseball and soccer practices. On Saturday, Apr. 3, he also visited the Jackson Square neighborhood, passing out goodie bags to all the kids before he had to leave to get ready for his big day on Sunday.
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- Sweet ideas for easy back-to-school breakfasts
- Majority of area school districts recommending, but not requiring the wearing of masks in school
- 7 steps to save money on a remodel
- Ancient cemetery findings include Bronze Age woman and her twin babies
- McDonald's replaces BTS with Saweetie for its next celebrity meal