No need to look at your watches when you’re attending Jackson High football games at Red Devil Hill, folks! The Jackson High School Red Regiment Band will make sure you know what time it is with their halftime program this year, The Timekeepers. “All of our music is time-themed,” band director John Emerson said. “We have ‘Time After Time’ by Cyndi Lauper, ‘Time In A Bottle’ by Jim Croce, and then ‘Clocks’ by Coldplay. Hailey Woodham is the drum major this year of the 100-member Red Regiment.
I have worked for community newspapers in Butts, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Upson counties for 30 years. I was Editor of the Jackson Progress-Argus from 1993-1999, and returned to the Progress-Argus as Senior Reporter in 2019.
- Black state trooper in Louisiana faces termination after accusing colleagues of murder
- China isn't about to invade Taiwan. But the two sides are on a dangerous path
- California oil spill that shut down beaches was about 25,000 gallons, well below earlier estimate
- Man injured in Kenosha protests shooting sues city, county and law enforcement officers
- Alex Murdaugh waives his extradition hearing in Florida, will return to South Carolina to face charges