On the most tragic day yet of the pandemic in America, chaos and confusion roiled the White House. As coronavirus deaths topped 1,800 nationwide yesterday, President Donald Trump delivered a wild performance that did little to put minds at ease, Stephen Collinson writes. Read more
With deaths in New Orleans now topping 180 and funeral homes overwhelmed, the city rolled out a grim set of new guidelines this week on how to prepare and handle the victims of coronavirus. Read more
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has spent a second night in intensive care at a London hospital, suffering from coronavirus. Read more
- Tiger Woods hosts Masters Champions Dinner 'quarantine style'
- Kevin Garnett on Timberwolves owner: 'I don't do business with snakes'
- Mississippi State AD 'disappointed' in Mike Leach over tweet
- Dayton's Obi Toppin named season's best with Wooden Award
- Maryland's Jalen Smith declares for NBA Draft
- Jameis Winston, financee marry in ceremony for two
- Universal remaking The Night of the Hunter
- Orlando Bloom 'is wanted to play Joe Exotic in Tiger King movie'
- Nobody release delayed
- John Prine, influential singer-songwriter, dies at 73
- Hal Willner, longtime 'SNL' staffer and music producer, dies at 64
- Dwayne Johnson feeling 'great' about Jungle Cruise delay
- This Passover, the seders are virtual. The plague is real
- Boris Johnson spends second night in intensive care fighting coronavirus
- 5 things to know for April 8: Coronavirus, White House, health, Navy, stimulus bill
- Your child can become an astronaut and explore space from home with NASA
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard launched a virtual camp for kids. Now they are hiring camp counselors
- 100 American Airlines flight attendants have coronavirus, union says
- Jeff Bezos tops Forbes list of billionaires, again
- Trump announces face mask manufacturing deal with 3M after contentious negotiations
- Kroger and Walmart test one-way aisles as a coronavirus preventative measure
- Auto insurance companies return $800 million in premiums because no one is driving
- Download and print these kids' activity sheets to help pass the time
- Live streams to check out: Celebrities and authors reading books to kids
- Georgia 4-H offers virtual environmental education series
- Download and print these kids' activity pages for a nice break from school work
- The Casagrandes Familia Sounds and 3 more of the best kids podcasts to listen to
This poll is for entertainment purposes only and not meant for scientific use.
- Georgia's positive testing numbers approach 9,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases; 329 people have died
- University of Georgia creates, delivers medical face shields to health care professionals
- Feds approve state testing waiver, Georgia Department of Education issues guidance for grading, promotion, graduation
- Georgia has received 65 reports of COVID-19 deaths since noon
- Kroger implements customer capacity limits in response to coronavirus
- CDC updates website to remove dosage guidance on drug touted by Georgia, Florida and Trump
- Teen smokers less likely to give up the habit as adults, study finds
- The power of family dance parties when the world is falling apart
- Coping with disease and disability in the time of coronavirus
- US states race to fight the nearly 400,000 coronavirus cases with long-awaited medical shipments
Get the latest business news delivered to your inbox every weekday morning.
Coronavirus outbreak updates
Get the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak delivered to your inbox twice daily.
Weekly local news headlines from the Jackson Progress Argus.
Get our expert short-term forecast, summary of the weather details and news of any severe weather in Butts County.
Weekly email newsletter with the latest on eateries in Jackson sprinkled with recipes.
Get breaking news stories and alerts from the Jackson Progress-Argus delivered to your email.
Get the latest obituaries delivered to your inbox every weekday morning.
Weekly sports headlines from Jackson Progress Argus.