The competitions are not only a way for Barnett to reach personal goals, they are also a way for her to bond with her students.
While competitive, if not somewhat loosely timed and refereed, the games are a chance for the boys and girls of Jackson High to switch roles for an evening, with the girls taking the field and the guys donning cheer outfits to support their classmates.
Henderson Middle School will hold a parent workshop, “Helping Students Improve Their Study Skills,” Sept. 24 at 10 a.m. in the Tiger Theater at the school, which is located at 494 George Tate Drive, Jackson.
Civil War re-enactors bring history to life for Battle of Atlanta 150th Anniversary | PHOTOS | VIDEO
More than 1,500 Civil War re-enactors descended upon Hampton and Lovejoy for the annual Battle of Atlanta 150th Anniversary weekend at Nash Farm Battlefield.
It was Butts County Senior Center member Cathy Qualls’ first time competing in the games.
Rock Springs Christian Academy in Milner recently named its Star Students for August.
'A Walk Amoing the Tombstones' ends up in second place
"Maze Runner" pulls in $32.5 million in U.S. and Canadian box offices.
Constitution Week is a national recognition observed Sept. 17-23 each year.
Faith and church announcements from around Jackson, Butts County and the surrounding area.
Ohio Christian University was founded in 1948 and offers degree programs for traditional undergraduate students, graduate students, and adult and online students.
A moral standard must not be an individual standard nor a double standard nor a cultural standard.
A Jackson High School alumni and dedicated Red Devils fan, Homer Williams has been with the Butts County School System for 39 years.
According to the organization Surfers For Autism, its inaugural event was held in 2008 on Deerfield Beach in south Florida.
Butts County Coroner Ralph Wilson screened the film “Choices,” which is an annual joint short film project that involves students at Jackson High School.
- BRADY: We all need a bleacher person
- Church News: Liberty Baptist hosting revival
- Church News: CrossOver Ministries holding fundraising cookout
- BRADY: Anger can be constructive if controlled
- Church News: Jackson United Methodist to celebrate homecoming
- Church News: Jenkinsburg church celebrating 40 years
- Church News: Jackson UMC chancel choir rehearsals resume
- Church News: Joshua’s Place hosting movie night
- Butts County faithful unite for National Day of Prayer | PHOTOS
- Church News: Gospel of Christ anniversary celebration continues
Food and Recipes
- Judges choose 35 Flavor of Georgia finalists
- UGA study weighs fresh vs. frozen
- Consumer Qs: Salmon salad not uniquely Georgian
- Peanuts and blueberries are healthy, Georgia grown snacks
- Consumer Qs: Will ‘Centennial Farms’ show air again?
- Consumer Qs: Why add additives?
- Consumer Qs: Any plants deer won’t eat?
- Consumer Qs: Flowering kale best planted in fall
- Consumer Qs: Pollen comes in variety of colors
- Consumer Qs: The three parts of a chicken wing
Home and Garden
- Consumer Qs: Milkweed a favorite of monarch butterflies
- Variety of planting methods taught at Jackson High | PHOTOS
- UGA-Griffin to host container garden workshop
- Consumer Qs: Many uses for beet greens
- Butts County cities, garden clubs celebrate Arbor Day
- Consumer Qs: After cold snap, have patience with evergreens
- Expert Advice: Simple ways to go green in 2014
- Expert Advice: Many ways to protect plants from cold
- Consumer Qs: Okra comes in several large varieties
- Expert Advice: Gardening possible even in small spaces
- U.S. Constitution Week
- Richie McDonald concert ft. Madelyn Patterson
- Indian Springs Native American Festival 2014