Top Features stories
This was the first year the Daughtry Elementary School science fair included projects completed by each class in kindergarten through third grade.
Twenty-two Henderson Middle School seventh-graders brought Black History Month to life on Feb. 28 by participating in the school’s first Living Black History Museum.
Jackson resident and home-schooled senior Sarah Hicks has earned the top honor awarded by the Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta.
The singer-songwriter will sing and talk about being on “American Idol.”
March 12: Billy Enlow, Kenneth Campbell, Sandra Elaine Knowles, Mrs. Allan Brittain, Timothy Warren Thaxton, Mrs. Richard D. Stewart …
Megan Conley named county’s overall STAR Student
The announcement of the STAR — Student Teacher Achievement Recognition — winners was made Feb. 25 during the 31st STAR Banquet sponsored by The Exchange Club of Jackson.
Jackson High, Henderson Middle students among first-place winners
Two additional students also received United States Navy and Marines honors in the Griffin Regional Educational Service Agency 2014 Regional Science and Engineering Fair Feb. 11.
The featured guests were members of the Jackson High School Gospel Choir.
The capstone event of boot camp is “Battle Stations.”
To be eligible for the dean’s list, a student must maintain a grade point average of 3.5 or better, with no grade lower than a B, while carrying 12 or more semester hours of course work.
I can close my eyes and still hear those mournful ballads like “Angel Band” or “Just As I Am.”
She weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long.
Addyson Tate Vasil was born Jan. 27.
2004: Jason Miller named STAR Student
Jason Miller was named the 2004 STAR Student and selected Mark Alling as STAR Teacher.
March 5: Richard Sims, Mrs. Michael C. Braswell, Don Knight, Mrs. Danny Ray Walker
The Flavor of Georgia contest is a chance for food businesses to highlight their new products and receive feedback from a panel of food industry professionals.
The 12th annual Mr. and Miss Special Henry County pageant will be held July 19 at Strong Rock Christian School in Locust Grove.
Out of tens of thousands of people who auditioned for the 13th season of the FOX talent show, which can launch a music career even for contestants who don’t win, Patterson finished in the top 48.
Towaliga County Line Missionary Baptist Church Senior Pastor Eddie Collier will discuss the history of the 166-year-old church.
Butts County Coroner Ralph Wilson recently bought breakfast for members of the Ladies of Light at The Lunch Box.
- Church News: Churches hosting Ash Wednesday services
- Church News: Presbyterian choir to sing at Westbury
- Jackson couple wins Jackson United Methodist Church wedding giveaway
- Church News: Primitive Quartet performing at Liberty Baptist
- Church News: CrossOver Ministries hosting Ugandan Thunder
- Macedonia Baptist’s Upward program to add soccer
- Church News: Joshua’s Place hosting worship night Saturday
- Jackson United Methodist Church to choose couple for free wedding
- Church News: Stark UMC chicken stew sale Jan. 11
- Church News: Jubilee Day service set for Jan. 1
Food and Recipes
- Judges choose 35 Flavor of Georgia finalists
- UGA study weighs fresh vs. frozen
- Consumer Qs: Salmon salad not uniquely Georgian
- Peanuts and blueberries are healthy, Georgia grown snacks
- Consumer Qs: Will ‘Centennial Farms’ show air again?
- Consumer Qs: Why add additives?
- Consumer Qs: Any plants deer won’t eat?
- Consumer Qs: Flowering kale best planted in fall
- Consumer Qs: Pollen comes in variety of colors
- Consumer Qs: The three parts of a chicken wing
Home and Garden
- Butts County cities, garden clubs celebrate Arbor Day
- Consumer Qs: After cold snap, have patience with evergreens
- Expert Advice: Simple ways to go green in 2014
- Expert Advice: Many ways to protect plants from cold
- Consumer Qs: Okra comes in several large varieties
- Expert Advice: Gardening possible even in small spaces
- UGA study weighs fresh vs. frozen
- Expert Advice: Gift ideas for gardeners
- Jackson rose gardener receives district recognition
- Butts County Farm Bureau highlighting Farm-City Week