Sylvan Grove Hospital will hold its annual Fall Health and Wellness Fair for county residents ages 18 and older on Thursday, Oct. 24 at the Butts County Administration Building, 625 West Third St., Jackson, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Registration will be accepted online Monday through Saturday and in the Recreation Office on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Grandparents are Barbara and Dennard Wilson of Jackson, Katie Nolton of Griffin, Elvin Banks, Jr., of Atlanta, and George Griffin of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
The bride is the granddaughter of Carlton and Janie Thompson of Jackson and Robert and Jean Whitaker of Jackson.
Oct. 23: Susan Dutton, W.L. Hall, Teddy Tillery, Auze Dover, Mrs. John Billy King, Sam Nasworthy, Ernest Bedrod, Larry Fuss, Phillip Greene, Mrs. Nora Welss, Cheri Dilbeck …
Oct. 16: Robert H. Lane, Bobby Greer, Donald A. Pelt, Mary Alice Patrick Piro, Forrest C. Rossey III, Mrs. Dorothy Wells, Mrs. McRhea King, Mrs. Peggy Nelson …
The Atlanta South 75 Travel Center, at 122 Truck Stop Way, will host a LifeSouth blood drive on Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Donors will receive a coupon for a free buffet meal.
Abigail RaeAnn Young was born Oct. 1.
Oct. 9: Vira Lester, Mrs. J.L. Reeves, Rudy Mangham, Janet Gertrude Guest, Mike Hardy, Cynthia Lynn Collins, Karen Newman, Robin Jordan …
Oct. 2: Woodie Perkins, Robert Farrar Mangham, Margie W. Hunt, Elaine Elliott, Michael Caldwell, Constance Keefe, Linda Walker, Carson Watkins Browning …
Butts County Sheriff Gary Long will discuss recent events and his vision for the county.
Sept. 25: Dorothy Elizabeth Glass, Lucile Washington, Kenneth Faulkner, Barbara Ann Trapnell, Mrs. Barney Jewell Marshall, Cynthia Lee Washington, Mary Janette Brooks …
The program for the William McIntosh Chapter National Society Daughters of the American Revolution meeting on Sept. 19 will include Patricia Rosser, who will speak about the Constitution.
The wedding is set for Nov. 9 at Rum Creek Banquet Hall. The couple will make their home in Forsyth.
All proceeds from registration fees, sponsorships and donations will go toward Butts County Parks and Recreation youth programs.
- Happy Birthday: Dec. 11-18
- Happy Birthday: Dec. 4-11
- Happy Birthday: Nov. 27-Dec. 4
- Happy Birthday: Nov. 6-13
- Happy Birthday: Oct. 30-Nov. 6
- Area Births: MASTER GRIFFIN
- Happy Birthday: Oct. 23-30
- Happy Birthday: Oct. 16-23
- Area Births: LITTLE MISS YOUNG
- Happy Birthday: Oct. 9-16
- Area Engagements: THOMPSON-ROSSER
- AREA ENGAGEMENTS: Davies-Adkins
- Area Engagements: WILLIAMS-STOKES
- Area Engagements: LEGGETT-DOROUGH
- Area Engagements: DANIEL-REDDISH
- Area Engagements: CRUMBLEY-DARNELL
- Area Engagements: AKINS-FEARS
- Area Engagements: WILMOT-RABUN
- Area Engagements: STEELE-STANFIELD
- Area Engagements: SINGLEY-DIAL
- Area Weddings: CRUMBLEY – DARNELL
- Area Weddings: DIAL-SINGLEY
- Area Weddings: LUNSFORD-THOMAS
- Area Weddings: WYVILL-BROWN
- Area Weddings: COMER-REYNOLDS
- Area Engagements: WISE-SPIKES
- Area Weddings: Moreland-Burdette
- Happy Birthday: April 17-24
- ANNIVERSARY: Wilsons
- Area Anniversaries: Roberts
- Area Anniversaries: Sims
- 60TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY: Collins
- Cooks celebrate 68th anniversary